Here are a few recommendations to preserve the leather on your sandals( Note: for suede leather care, please keep scrolling):
- With soapy water and a damp washcloth, wipe any excess dirt then let it dry completely
- Use leather conditioner (mink oil preferably to waterproof)
- Let it sit for 2-3 hours minimum, for optimal results leave it overnight.
For suede shoes, we ideally recommend to waterproof before you wear them. This way, you won't have to worry about rainy days.
- Brush your shoes to restore the nap of the suede prior to waterproofing (any suede kit will do the trick)
- In a well ventilated area, spray the shoes with suede waterproof spray of your choice evenly, you can give them from 2 to 4 coats
- Let them dry for a couple of minutes between each coat and for around 20 minutes after the last coat.
- Repeat after 3 months or so.